My hair transformation



Hello lovelies and welcome back to my blog.

I’ve been willing to share my hair journey for a very long period of time and here I am today talking about how I transformed my extremely damaged hair to not so damaged hair.

As far as I remember, I always had dry and frizzy hair because I never really took care of it. For many years, I used the normal body soap to wash my hair and those days I used to wash my hair every single day.

When I grew up, probably when I was in 8th Grade, I realized that my hair was extremely damaged. Believe me, my hair kind of felt like a broom. It was hard, rough and it started curling up naturally.


2014 - when my hair was extremely damaged
2014 - When my hair was extremely damaged

I honestly didn’t know what to do, so I went on YouTube to find out a solution. I came across many tips to get rid of the damaged hair.

  • Tip number 1. Do not use body soap to wash your hair as it’s very harsh for your hair.

  • Tip number 2 – Do not wash your hair every day. The natural oil that your scalp produces repairs your damaged hair and it’s very good for your hair as well as your scalp.

  • Tip number 3 – After shampooing your hair; do not forget to use Hair Conditioner because shampoo removes all the oil from your hair making it dry. Conditioner balances and gives the moisture that your hair needs.

After getting all the tips, I bought my very first shampoo and conditioner. Since I didn’t know a lot about the other brands, I decided to try Dove Shampoo and Conditioner (as it’s very famous)

I used it for about 6 months keeping all the restrictions in mind, but there was no change. My hair for a fact was more damaged now.


After 6 months of using Dove Shampoo and Conditioner.

Someone told me that using the same Shampoo or Conditioner for a long time can be of no use as our hair gets used to the same product and it stops affecting our hair. (If you know what I mean)

So, I decided to try out some other brands. I used L’Oreal, Vatika, Tresemme and what not. Trust me, nothing happened.

That year when I visited my cousin’s place for Christmas, he told me to try the shampoo that the salons sell as they are more effective (and of-course expensive) than the ones we buy from the local drugstore.

I thought about giving it a try. I went to the most famous salon in Vasco and the lady gave me a damage repair shampoo and a conditioner. I honestly don’t remember the name of the brand but yes I saw some changes in a couple of months. 

It was indeed a relief for me. I was happy that once again I’ll be able to flaunt my hair.

Believe it or not, I was never comfortable in keeping my hair open. I had to tie my hair in a ponytail always or else it used to look like a birds nest. (I know it sounds funny)

After about 4 months, my life was back on the same track and this time I decided to give up. I decided to accept the kind of hair I have and not do anything about it.


After using the damage repair shampoo and conditioner which I bought from the Salon

A year later, on my birthday my brother sent some gifts from Muscat which also had a bottle of Clear Anti Dandruff Nourishing Shampoo. I had no hopes from this one especially because it was an Anti-Dandruff Shampoo.


However, something wonderful happened. My dream of having soft, nourished, damage-free hair was back in my mind. That one bottle lasted for about 5 months and by the time I could tell my brother to send me another bottle of Clear shampoo, he was back in India.


After using the Clear shampoo for 5 months

This time, I decided to not give up. Every single day, I would watch videos on YouTube or read articles on Google to find out a home remedy to treat my damaged hair. I came across many remedies but none of them worked out.

My hair had started smelling due to the bananas, yoghurt, milk and eggs.

Damn, it was frustrating.

Years passed by and my struggle of finding a perfect remedy continued until one day I came across this video on YouTube that changed my life forever.

And the remedy is,

Section your hair into small parts and apply Coconut oil thoroughly. Once you’re done applying, cover your hair with a shower cap or any plastic bag if you don’t have a shower cap. Keep your hair covered for 1-hour minimum and try to utilize this time in doing some household chores or something which will make you sweat or warm up your body.

Since your hair is covered for a long time, the heat generated acts like hot steam and heals the damaged hair from the roots itself.

If you follow this remedy for at least a month, trust me you’ll see a lot of difference in your hair texture.

My hair, a month later

I followed this routine twice a week for about 6-7 months and believe me, my hair was completely nourished, soft and shiny.

I got rid of the frizz, the dryness and especially the damage.

After months, I decided to cut my hair short so that they can be treated well.


In 12th Grade when I got a haircut

Since 2017, I haven’t faced any problem as such.

I prefer to leave my hair open. It’s been years that I’ve tied a ponytail. 

I do different hairstyles every time.

I use hair straighter as well sometimes. 

I travel a lot, to be honest, but until today, I didn’t get to experience such damage.

I haven't followed this routine for many years now.


My hair, a year later

Sometimes, since I travel a lot, my hair kind of gets dry and frizzy. 

I simply apply coconut oil and keep it for an hour or so. Within a week, my hair is perfectly fine again.


My hair, 2 years later

My personal recommendation to everyone who has damaged, frizzy or dry hair. Don’t try to experiment with Shampoos or Conditioners. They have a lot of chemicals which will eventually ruin your hair. It might treat your hair for some months or maybe years but it won’t give you a permanent solution.

My mother used to always tell me that oiling your hair regularly is the best way to avoid dryness and frizziness.

Parachute coconut oil has been a trustworthy brand in India and I would recommend it to everyone.  

If you found this blog useful, don’t forget to comment down below and if you have any questions related to this blog or anything else, please don’t hesitate to ask me.

If you have any concerns about hair fall, grey hair or the best oil for hair growth, visit my friend's blog swarnaz.com. She has the best DIY remedies for hair.

Thank you, everyone.

God bless you

Much Love

 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's my secret to beautiful flawless skin?

Love them because they Love you