How to make the perfect eggless chocolate chip cookies?


Chocolate chip cookies are everybody’s favourite. I mean who doesn’t love a bunch of crispy chocolate chip cookies? But to find the best chocolate chip cookies in the market is difficult and they are pretty expensive.

This blog is especially for my fellow chocolate chip cookie lovers. Trust me guys, you don’t have to be an expert in baking neither do you require any fancy items to bake chocolate chip cookies. It’s pretty simple and it takes less than 15mins to prepare the batter.

Let’s begin by the ingredients that would be required to make an eggless chocolate chip cookies.

1. Butter – 5 tbsp
2. Granulated Sugar – 1 cup
3. All Purpose flour – 1 cup
4. Baking Powder -  1 tsp
5. Baking Soda – ½ tsp
6. Pinch of Salt 
7. Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
8. Chocolate Chips/Chocolate Bar/Dark Chocolate Bar

Once you have all the ingredients, let me show you step by step how to prepare a batter for the perfect eggless chocolate chip cookies.

Step 1 – Take 5 tbsp of butter which should be softened butter and not melted butter. Mix 1 cup of Sugar to this butter and with the help of a Wisk mix it very well. If you have a hand mixer this step would be simpler but in case if you don’t have one use a Wisk and trust me you’ll be fine. Wisk it very well until this mixture is soft, smooth and creamy.

Step 2 – Add 1 tsp of Vanilla Essence to this creamy mixture and Wisk it well.

Step 3 –Add 1 tsp of Baking powder, ½ tsp of Baking Soda and a pinch of salt and mix it well.

Step 4 - Add 1 cup of All-Purpose flour to this creamy vanilla mixture and mix it well. Make sure you use a strainer while adding the flour. By this time, the mixture would transform into lumps and that’s when you start using your hand. 
Just like how you make chapatti dough, gently press this dough and mould to a very smooth one. If in case you feel your dough is dry, add some milk to it and continue moulding.

Step 5 – Once your cookie dough is ready, make small dough balls and press it gently so it rounds up and forms a cookie. Here’s when you add your chocolate chips to the dough.
(You can even add these chocolate chips in the dough itself when your moulding it but make sure you add it in the later stage or else the chocolate will start melting.)

Step 6 – Place an aluminium foil on the baking tray. Brush some oil on top and place the cookie balls on it.
Preheat your oven at 180°C and then place this tray inside your oven and bake for roughly 10mins at 180°C or until they are baked.
After 10mins, remove the baking tray from the oven and let it sit for about 10-15mins before you lift them.

If you don’t have an oven, just hang in there. It is pretty simple to bake anything on a gas stove. I don’t have an oven as well so I usually bake on my gas. Since my mum has one, I thought of giving it a try. 

So here’s how you do it.

1. Take a kadhai or a handi. Add salt or sand and place a cooker/streamer tray stand on it. If you can’t manage to have salt or sand, it’s still fine. Simply place the stand on the surface of the vessel. This will be your oven. Preheat the vessel for about 10mins on medium flame.

2. Take another vessel like a baking mould. It can be anything like a saucepan or a small vessel of aluminium or metal. Brush it nicely with oil so the cookies don’t stick to the surface.

3. Place your chocolate cookie dough balls on this vessel and keep it inside your DIY gas oven.
 
4. Let it bake for 15-20mins on a medium flame.

5. After 15mins, keep checking if your cookies are baked or not.

Things to remember

1. Do not forget to line up your baking tray with an aluminium foil. Use a double aluminium foil to be safe. It will make sure your cookie base doesn’t burn or get dark. I didn’t have one so I baked mine without an aluminium foil and they were kinda burnt.

2. If you can, always use parchment paper. This makes sure that your cookies or cake doesn’t stick to the surface. I never used one because I couldn’t find it due to the lockdown crises.

3. If you are not using a parchment paper, make sure to brush enough oil on the baking tray or your baking mould. Make it greasy, it’s completely fine, it won’t affect the taste of the cookie.

4. Do not use melted butter. The texture of the cookie will completely change if you use melted butter.

5. Make sure you Wisk the Butter and Sugar very thoroughly. It should be creamy and smooth. This is an important step to have the perfect crispy cookies.

6. Please note: There are different types of Owen. I have the Bajaj OTG with a power capacity of 2200 Waltz. As per my Owen, 10mins of baking is perfect for cookies.
(The video that I referred to, mentioned to bake the cookies for 15mins at 180°C but 15mins of baking is a lot for cookies. I almost burnt mine. Hence I checked another video to get a confirmation on the baking time and it said 'Bake for 10mins at 180°C')

7. A very important thing to keep in mind when your cookies are baking, they are gonna seem very soft when hot. As soon as they cool down, their texture will change completely. I failed to recognize that my cookies were baked after 10mins because of the texture. I thought they were not and I baked them for another 5mins and I ended up overbaking them.

8. After 10mins of baking, remove the baking tray from the oven and place it outside. Do not keep your baking tray inside the oven or else the temperature inside the oven will over bake your cookies. 

9. If you don’t have chocolate chips, use any normal chocolate. I used Dairy Milk. You can also use any dark chocolate. They are rich in flavour when baked.

10. In case if you have added the chocolate chips while moulding the dough, do not forget to add chocolate chips on the cookie dough before you bake them. This just makes them look cute and wonderful.

11. If you are wondering what a Granulated sugar is, it is nothing but powdered sugar. You don’t need to buy one from the market all you need to do is grind your normal sugar into a powder. Make sure the powder is grinded thoroughly.

These were some of my tips to make sure you bake the perfect set of chocolate chip cookies. I make some mistakes and hence my cookie texture was a bit different. But they were delicious and I am serious when I say it.

Instead of using butter, I used homemade gee which my mum makes. This gee gave the chocolate cookies a completely different flavour which I absolutely loved. I would suggest making cookies with gee instead of butter but if you do not like gee than butter is always amazing.

I hope this was helpful. I tried to simplify it as much as possible but in case if you have any questions for me, comment down below and I’ll be happy to answer them.

I want you to give this recipe a try. Even if you mess it up as I did, you will be better the next time, trust me. After all, practice makes us perfect.

Much love, Buhbyee.

Comments

  1. Wah! I'm already drooling at the thought of these yummy delicacies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I know right. When I saw the video of this recipe, I was like damm, gotto make them🥰

      Delete
  2. Top notch stuff! Made me hungry though big time. ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand. Made me hungry throughout 😅

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes Indeed. They were damn delicious and mouth watering💕

      Delete
  4. Amazingggg! May I have some? My mouth is drooling 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! Definitely the next time I bake some, I'l invite you over💕

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's my secret to beautiful flawless skin?

My hair transformation

Love them because they Love you