I tried to bake a cake in a Pressure cooker


Since I don't have an Oven or a Microwave, baking is not so easy for me. I saw this video on YouTube sometime back where this lady bakes a cake in a Pressure cooker. I thought of giving it a try since it was Easter and I wanted to bake.  

As per the YouTube video, she takes All purpose flour, Oil and Milk to create a batter. Once the batter is made, she puts it in the pressure cooker and bakes it on a low flame for 35 mins. (to be precise) Once it's baked, she pours some vanilla on the cake and some crushed chocolate which makes it a Vanilla Chocolate cake.

I'm certainly unfortunate because I didn't have the All-purpose flour, neither did I have any Chocolate or Vanilla and due to lock-down it's very difficult to buy any essentials as most of the grocery shops are running out of stock. So instead of All purpose flour, I took Wheat flour to make the batter. As I didn't have Vanilla or Chocolate, I knew my cake wouldn't be interesting hence I added some Kesari Syrup to the batter. 

Now that my batter was ready, I sprinkled some flour in the cooker ( so it doesn't stick to the surface ) and poured my batter into the pressure cooker and kept it on a low flame for 35 mins.

Post 35 mins, I got a surprise!

My cake was baked. It wasn't burnt. But since I forgot to rub some oil in the pressure cooker before adding the batter, my cake was stuck to the surface. I tried my best to transfer it on a plate but I failed. My cake was broken into pieces. 

To be honest, I did not expect my cake to be perfect because this was the very first time I tried to bake a cake in a pressure cooker. The cake tasted delicious. At the same time, I was disappointed because my cake didn't look like a cake and I knew exactly why. The reason was firstly I used Wheat flour and secondly, I didn't use Baking powder hence, my cake wasn't spongy.

The last and the most important question I had was, How do I serve my cake

I took those pieces of my cake, moulded them into small doughs and by using a cup, I cut them into circles. This moreover looked like a Pancake but I was satisfied. 

After a long struggle, my cake was ready to be served. 




Much Love❤️







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's my secret to beautiful flawless skin?

My hair transformation

Love them because they Love you